How to edit my translations?
In this article, you will find how to replace/edit automatic translations with manual translations. You can do that in all our plans, Free or Premium.
There are 4 different ways to add manual translations or to edit automatic translations.
1. Translations List
Go to your Translations List.
Please note that if you do not have any translations, you would need to visit your web pages in the translated language to synchronize with Weglot.
Here you can select the language pair you would like to edit.
You can edit the translation by clicking on it, selecting the column on the right-hand side. Any changes are automatically saved and displayed on your website, you'll see a message 'translation saved'.
There are several tools to easily navigate within your list:
- Type (all, text, media or meta) and quality (automatic, human-reviewed or professional) filters
- Search bar to search for specific translations
- Folders on the left-hand side to organize your translations
- Creation date and last seen date to sort tools
When your edits are done, go to your website, refresh it, you should see your edited translations. If not, please check this article: I edited the translations but my modifications are not displayed on my website
2. Visual Editor
You can go to the Visual editor in your Weglot dashboard.
Click on "Start Editing". Then, you'll be redirected on your website, with the ability to edit all your translations.
Note that you can navigate in your website and change the language directly from the visual editor.
To edit a translation, click on the green pencil. A box will pop out and you will be able to change the translations.
Once done, you will read the following message "Translation saved".
When your edits are done, go to your website, refresh it, you should see the translated content edited.
Using the Visual Editor, you have the possibility to reach specific pages, with the URL bar on the bottom left of the screen:
3. Translations Tools
- Search and replace: search within your translations (not the original language) words/sentences to be replaced by another specific words/sentences. This will apply to all your existing translations and not to your future translations
- Apply never translate or always translate rules: set rules to always/never translate an original content in a specific way in the destination language
4. Professional Translations
Weglot allows you to order professional translations from vetted pro agencies.
From your translations list, select strings/pages you'd like to order pro translations for. 48-72 hours later they'll be automatically integrated into your list and displayed on your websites.
Price starts at 0,08€/words (depending on the language).