How to permanently delete a translation?
In this article, you'll learn how to permanently delete a translation from your website.
To permanently delete a translation from your Weglot account, you'll need to follow these two steps. If you miss either step, you won't be able to successfully remove the translation, and it will reappear on your website and your Weglot Dashboard.
First Step: Exclude original content from the translation process
First, you'll have to exclude the related original content to ensure that your content won't be translated in the future. There are two ways to do that (depending on your choice):
Delete the original content from your original website
- Keep it on your website, but exclude the original content from your translation process. To do this, please follow this tutorial.
Second Step: Remove the content from the translation process
Even if your content is now excluded from the translation process, the content remains stored in your Translation List (Weglot Dashboard > Select your project > Translation List). To make the deletion effective, you'll have to remove it from your Translation List yourself. Here are your options:
1) Remove multiple translations (in one URL or filter results):
- Use the bulk selection by clicking on the checkbox in the top bar
- Then, click on "Select all"
- Finally, click on the trash icon at the bottom right
- There is a trash icon to the right of each translation.
- Click on this icon to permanently delete this specific translation.
- Note that you can use the search bar at the top to find the translation you would like to remove.