How to definitely remove a translation?
In this article, you'll find how to definitely remove a translation from your website.
You have to follow the 2 next steps to permanently delete a translation from your Weglot account. If one of these is not done, the removal won't be effective and the translation will come back.
First Step: Exclude original content from the translation process
First, you have to exclude the related original content to ensure that your content won't be translated in the future.
There are 2 ways to do that (depending on your choice):
- Delete the original content from your original website
- Keep it on your website... But, excluding the original content from your translation process. To do it, please follow this tutorial: for Wordpress, for Shopify.
Even if your content is now excluded from the translation process, the content remains stored on your Translation list. So you have to remove it from your Translation List.
There are 3 different ways to delete translations:
1) Remove a whole page/URL:
- On the list at the left, find the URL
- Click on the three dots at its right
- Then on "Delete page translations" (note that only translations of the selected language will be deleted - in our example English translations).
2) Remove multiple translations on one page/URL:
- Use the bulk selection, checking the tick box of the string you would like to remove
- Then click on the trash in the blue barOR
- Next, to each translation, you have a trash icon
- Click on it (at the right of each translation you want to delete)
- Note that you can use the search bar at the top to easily find the translation you would like to remove