Jimdo - Integration / Setup
In this 4 steps guide, you will see how to integrate Weglot into your Jimdo website.
Step 1: Weglot account
First, please create a Weglot account. You can do that here.
Step 2: Paste the code
Copy and paste the code below into your Jimdo Dashboard > Settings > Edit Head
Don't forget to replace API_KEY with your own API key provided in your Weglot Dashboard.
You can also use a custom version. Then you'll be able to change the button design:
To move your button to somewhere you want, you need to edit "target" and "sibling" field:
- "target": is the CSS selector of the node that the switcher will be a child of
- "sibling": is the CSS selector of the next sibling element of the switcher. null for the last element inside the target
Step 3: Replace API and both original and destination languages
Replace the items api_key, originalLanguage, and destinationLanguages.
- Your api_key is available on your Weglot account. It looks like wg_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- originalLanguage : It indicates the original language of your website, with its 2-letters code (all codes are available here).
- destinationLanguages : It indicates the desired languages with their 2-letters code. Each language has to be separated by a comma.
Step 4: Save and reload your website
The Weglot button is appearing at the bottom right of your website: